Saturday, August 30, 2008

a "girly" moment

I went shopping yesterday - clothes shopping, to be exact. We went to probably seven different stores, and I only bought five things. I’m proud of myself, though - I only bought two things that weren’t on sale. I bought an eye-popping, 50’s-party-style dress and a pair of shoes that match the dress perfectly! When my friend saw me in the dress and shoes, their first response was “Now that’s a Doris Day look”. It made me so happy! I’ve always wanted to dress like I lived in the 40’s/50’s.

But then I realized last night that my bad habit of shopping to relieve boredom will send me to the poor house quicker than you can say “Bob’s your uncle.” So I’m off to Hobby Lobby to try and find a cheap hobby. And I need to start finding places to use my SLR so I can start experimenting with that.

Good luck to me.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good good good......

Jacob said...

Hi Joanna, I just wanted let you know that I started a new blog to keep in touch with our fans and answer questions about the record "Singularity." We are having some pretty great conversations about God, art, music, science and technology and I would love to have your participation. Check it out when you have a moment and let me know what you think.
There are two blogs that deal with different topics.
1. (mostly personal) http://mycontracrostipunctus.blogspot.com/

2. (mostly God,art,music,science,worldview related)
http://whatissingularity.blogspot.com/

Thanks!
Jacob Anthony Marshall (mae)