Saturday, October 27, 2007

decision-making

I think I've finally decided what I want to do when my enlistment is up. I want to go Guard... possibly into Aviation (or Operations) Resource Management. Hopefully I can. Now I need to decide if I want to get out of Active Duty early or if I want to wait until my actual enlistment is up. I just don't know. AND I need to find a base that's willing to accept my application... and pray that it's one I want to go to. I'd love to end up somewhere in PA. There's also a base in D.C. that supposedly has an opening. But D.C. is a really expensive place to live. I don't know.

You might ask what brought this on. Well, it's the fact that I can retrain into anything I want to. I want out of Aircraft Maintenance (even though I love it). I want out of it because I'll end up behind a desk. I'm already behind a desk, and I'm not a huge fan of it (at least not in the maintenance world). if I'm going to be behind a desk I want it to be because I am trained for a desk job. Maybe it's selfish, but I've got to like what I'm doing, right?

I want to go Guard because I love the military - and I love the job security. I just don't want to move my family around every 4 years or so, or get stuck at a base I don't want to be at. Amazing, my parents are actually behind me this time, which is really exciting. And Adam's willing to do whatever it takes for us to be together. I just really want to be closer to my family. And Adam. And this is one good way to make it work.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HEY!!! You haven't made a post in a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG time!!! Get back on here and say something for cryin-out-loud!!!